Tuesday, July 17, 2007

David Maisel

Every time a fly (once I get over the shock of being hurdled through the air at ridiculously dangerous speeds) I am amazed at how beautiful aerial views of farm land are. Check out these amazing aerial photographs from David Maisel!
David Maisel's other project, Library of Dust, chronicles the decay of canisters that hold the cremated remains of mental patients who died at Oregon State Insane Asylum from 1883 to the 1970’s, and whose bodies remained unclaimed by their families.

1 comment:

Margaux Lange said...

Maisel's work is AMAZING. Thank you so much for turning me on to it! I spent forever looking at his website.

And by the way… can't wait to meet you at Crafty Bastards! I'll be there, (my first art fair!) boothsharing with my friend "the Candy Thief."

:-) BTW, do you accept/want/need plate donations? We recently cleaned out my grandmother's house and she had a few old plates that my mom doesn't know what to do with. There were some beautiful blue/white style ones. I'd love to see them put to good use rather than donated to the salvation army… If you're interested I would be happy to send them to you the next time I'm visiting my mom?