Monday, December 31, 2007
Here is the recipe courtesy of Farm Girl Fare...
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder (make sure it's fresh!)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
1 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
12 ounces beer (I used Yuengling)
Optional glaze: 1 egg & 2 teaspoons water, beaten
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, dill, and cheddar in a large mixing bowl. Slowly stir in beer and mix just until combined. Batter will be thick. Spread in a greased 8-inch loaf pan, brush with egg glaze if desired, and bake until golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 10 more minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SO Yummy, and smells great too. Next plan is to make a sweet variety with Hard Cider and brown sugar.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Monday, December 24, 2007
Friday, December 07, 2007
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
I've been tagged by the lovely and talented Catherine Chandler (isn't her work great!) So here are 5 weird things about me...
1. I was voted "Most likely to be a millionaire" in high school because I used to make stuff and sell it to all the rich kids.2. I love Martha Stewart. Her new kitchen line at Macy's and craft supplies at Michael's are SO nice! I cook from her Everyday Food book all the time (and love the show.)
3. On a similar note, since being stuck on the couch breastfeeding, I have become a Food Network addict.
4. Really stupid things bother me, i.e. clapping, ice clinking in a glass, chip bag crinkling, giant blow up holiday yard ornaments, the continued use of the phrase "rule of thumb," people who say use the word seen instead of saw, Rachael Ray, I could go on and on and on...
5. I used to shoot concerts for fun. (Yes, that is Vanilla Ice on the bottom!)
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.