Monday, December 31, 2007

Beer Bread, Yum.

This being home all day with the baby thing, has made me pretty dependant on the Food Network for entertainment. Sometimes, I have to feed my compulsion to craft with cooking and because Nolan loves the grocery store, it works out pretty well. I have been taking photos of some of the meals I have cooked so I can work on a cookbook for next year. Tonight I made beer bread with dill and cheddar.
Here is the recipe courtesy of Farm Girl Fare...
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder (make sure it's fresh!)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
1 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
12 ounces beer (I used Yuengling)
Optional glaze: 1 egg & 2 teaspoons water, beaten

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, dill, and cheddar in a large mixing bowl. Slowly stir in beer and mix just until combined. Batter will be thick. Spread in a greased 8-inch loaf pan, brush with egg glaze if desired, and bake until golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 10 more minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

SO Yummy, and smells great too. Next plan is to make a sweet variety with Hard Cider and brown sugar.

1 comment:

Farmgirl Susan said...

Your beer bread looks delicious! So glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the credit and link to my blog. : )