Monday, March 03, 2008

My Lucky Limoncello

After a month of waiting, I finally bottled my first batch of Limoncello today. I named it Lucky Limoncello because it will be ready just in time for St. Patrick's Day. It was super easy and makes a great gift! This is all you need:
  • 15-20 lemons - clean, unwaxed with nice plump skins. The skins should give off a lemon sent, don't get ones that don't smell heavenly.
  • 2 (750-ml) bottles 80-proof vodka. The cheaper the better.
  • 4-6 cups water
  • 2-4 cups sugar (more if you want it thicker or sweeter)
    2-3 litre glass jar with a sealed lid.
  • bottles (I got mine from Pier One and made the labels on Avery sticker paper.)

I followed the super easy instructions from this website. It makes quite a bit so you can share with your friends. It is a nice after dinner sipper, a drizzle on angel food cake, a soak for berries or a splash in iced tea. I expect a bottle from everyone who tries it out!

No comments: